Dražgoše is an old Slovenian village, which rests on the southern, sunny side of the slope of Jelovica, close under the steep edge of Dražgoška gora. Through Dražgoše leads the road which connect Selška dolina to Kropa.
In written sources Dražgoše is mentioned for the first time as Drasigos and Drasigosh in the land registers of the Freising seigneury in 1291, which speaks out for the Slavic origin of the settlers.
People here were occupied mainly with farming. To survive more easily in this mean little piece of land, they were digging iron ore on Dražgoška gora, cooking charcoal and chopping wood and making casks for transporting nails for the needs of fužinarji (smelters) and smiths in Železniki. After smelting furnaces in Železniki were extinguished at the end of the 19th. and beginning of the 20th. centuries, people started to look for new occupations. Men were mainly hiring themselves out as forestry workers, and 'furmani' (carriagemen) on Jelovica. Women from some houses were baking a particular honey pastry, called ' ta mal kruhk' nowadays known as 'dražgoški kruhek' ('Dražgoše little bread'), they earned a few pennies with bobbin work too.
Before the World War II the well-known pilgrim church dedicated to St. Lucia stood in Dražgoše. The remarkable features of this church were four golden altars from the second half of the 17th. century which are today kept at the Loka Museum, in Škofja Loka.